4-H Livestock Quiz Bowl
Tues, Nov. 3rd @ 6:30 PM
Anywhere Louisiana (Virtually)
DATE AND TIME
November 3rd, 2020 @ 6:30 PM
Anywhere Louisiana, Virtually
NEW FORMAT AND RULES
The 2020 State Fair Quiz Bowl will be conducted via a virtual Kahoot! game using Team Mode and broadcast LIVE on the Louisiana 4-H Facebook and YouTube pages.
- Teams may consist of a minimum of one member with a maximum of five members from the same parish enrolled in 4-H or FFA.
- There will be one division for all ages, and team sizes.
- Teams will compete using a single device connected to an internet connection logged into the Kahoot! webpage or Kahoot! smartphone application
- If the team has more than two members those participants will need to be in the same location utilizing a single device to answer questions as a team.
- Teams will compete in a trivia style quiz bowl with a single 40 question round.
- If after 40 questions if a tie-breaker game is required , a new tiebreaker game will consist of 20 questions with speed to answer each question factored in the score.
- The main contest round will consist of 40 questions consisting of the following:
- Five questions - Beef Cattle
- Five questions - Dairy (cattle and/or goats)
- Five questions - Goats
- Five questions - Sheep
- Five questions - Poultry
- Five questions - General Meat Science
- Five questions - General Genetics
- Five questions - General Nutrition
- If required the tiebreaker game will consist of 20 questions from any of the previously listed subject matter areas.
- Questions for the quiz bowl may come from:
- 4-H Project Books for Beef, Dairy, Poultry, Sheep, Swine and Goats
- Main resource focus for 2020 but will begin expanding into other sources.
- Beef Checkoff Website: https://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/
- Pork Checkoff Website: https://www.pork.org/
- Sheep USA Website: https://www.sheepusa.org/
- Dairy MAX Website: https://www.dairymax.org/
- National Chicken Council: https://www.nationalchickencouncil.org/
- Questions submitted by parishes and other specialists
- NO study questions will be distributed
- State winning team receives $75, a team trophy, and individual team member trophies.
- Second place team receives $25, a team trophy, and individual team member ribbons.
- Third place team receives a team trophy and individual team member ribbons.
*Open to all 4-H members
Livestock Quiz Bowl
Director: Crystal Ahrens
Please see below for additional info: