4-H Livestock Quiz Bowl
Saturday, October 28th @ 2:00 PM
Livestock Sale Arena
DATE AND TIME
Saturday, October 28, 2023 @ 2:00 p.m.
Livestock Sale Arena - Louisiana State Fairgrounds
Register Form Below, Due by October 6, 2023
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FORMAT AND RULES
- Teams may consist of a minimum of (3) members with a maximum of (5) members from the same parish.
- There will be one division for all ages with a maximum of (2) teams per parish.
- Teams will compete in head to head matches.
- Matches will last until one team reaches 200 points or ten minutes or both. The contest will be set up in a tournament style format-single elimination.
- Questions for the Quiz Bowl will come from 4-H Project Books for Beef, Dairy, Poultry, Sheep, Swine and Goats.
- NO study questions will be distributed.
- Questions will come from those submitted by parishes and others submitted by Livestock Specialists.
- Correct answers will receive 20 points, incorrect will receive minus 10 points.
- Bonus questions will be provided to teams where at least 3 different members have answered a question correctly.
- Team members may buzz in at any time, at which time the reader will stop reading the question. If the team answers incorrectly, the reader may complete the question for the other team at which time they can decide if they want to buzz in.
- Teams must be registered, via email to Hannah Devall at email@example.com by October 6, 2023.
- State winning team receives $75, a team trophy, and individual team member trophies.
- Second place team receives $25, a team trophy, and individual team member ribbons.
- Third place team receives a team trophy and individual team member ribbons.
*Open to all 4-H members & FFA members